Friday, February 21, 2014

stitch fix part 2

It came! It came! My stitch fix box finally came! I was so excited that I tore it open after a 12 hour day on Thursday and tried everything on right away (which will explain why I look like I quite need a nap!). The packaging and letter was so thoughtful, each package comes with a note specifically for you written by a stylist and with little perforated note cards that show you different ways of styling each piece. Each item was from a different company and they all felt soft and were beautifully made. Unfortunately I wasn't wild about any specific one, so back they go! After I realized I wasn't keeping any of them I just threw them in the return bag they gave me and dropped it at the usps store. Done and done, but I wanted to make sure my next box was even more my style, so I went back to stitch fix and told them why I returned each piece and gave more details about what I am looking for. Next box is coming March 21st, so we will see how they do next time! 

Here's the letter that came in the box.

The perforated note cards with styling options. 
Here's the haul! 

The green shirt. It had great little details on the shoulders and back but it felt a little claustrophobic around the neck area.
Back detail


Shoulder detail, the texture of the fabric was soft and silky, it didn't feel super cheap though I'm sure it was polyester.

Color block shirt (I think I fell asleep here for a sec)

It had a fun slit in the side lined with the cobalt blue from the top. 

Side slit.

It even had a cute back zipper. The shirt was cute but a little unstructured for my style. 

Pink sweater fit and was a great color, unfortunately it was just too dang long for my taste. 

I strongly believe you should never cover your butt with a sweater, you look like you are trying to hide! Never hide your goods under a bushel. Oh. No. 

This skirt was so fun! It is ridiculously soft and fit great but it was a tad short.

Side view 

This floral dress was right up my ally, I love the print and the lace detail but the elastic waist left me feeling frumpy. 

The delicate lace detail.

The back was fun too.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last dress, would be cute with a belt

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the dress, too, but i think bolder, more contrasting colors would suit you better. (said the girl who wears jeans n t-shirts...all.the.time) xo

    ReplyDelete